Mediation & Conflict Management Services
Mediation is a process in which a neutral mediator assists participants in discussing issues confidentially and working together to develop a mutually satisfactory resolution.
A Coleman mediator is trained to helps people in a dispute to communicate with one another and problem solve in order to reach agreements that satisfy the participants’ needs. In mediation, people speak for themselves and make their own decisions. The process is confidential, voluntary and effective.
Dispute Resolution Center
We assist families, neighbors, businesses, employers, groups and organizations resolve disputes, differences and conflict. Our goal is to intervene early before conflict or dispute escalates to cause more harm emotionally, physically and financially.
What is Conflict Resolution?
There are several processes that can be appropriate to resolve conflict. In general, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) refers to a broad category of processes such as negotiation, resolution, community circles and mediation.
Who We Help
Mediation is effective in resolving many types of disputes including but not limited to:
- Civil disputes, including those that involve business, landlord and tenant, commercial and interpersonal matters
- Family disputes, including divorce, custody, and visitation, as well as parent-child or extended family matters
- School attendance and truancy, as well as concerns for behavior and discipline
- Workplace disputes between employees and/or supervisors
- Elder adult mediation, including concerns of caretaking, placement, property and decision-making
- Neighbor conflicts over matters of property, noise, trespassing, pets, parking and driveways
Various training courses are offered several times a year. They include basic and advanced mediation training and conflict resolution skills workshops. Training is offered for both individuals and groups. Courses and workshops can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization and can vary in length and topic.
Coleman’s Mediation Services are available in the following counties:
Allen, Auglaize, Hardin, Jefferson, Mahoning, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull