Social Security Representative Payeeship

Coleman is appointed by the Social Security Administration as a qualified representative payee to help individuals who receive Social Security and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments manage his or her money. The program helps ensure that an individual’s money is being used to meet his or her immediate day-to-day needs for food, housing, recreation and other miscellaneous expenses.

The program also helps an individual establish a budget and be involved with his or her financial decisions as much as possible. It assists individuals in applying for redeterminations of eligibility for entitlements and continuing medical reviews.

Who Needs a Representative Payee?

A representative payee may be needed if an individual is receiving Social Security and/or SSI payments and is unable to pay rent, is facing possible eviction or is unable to pay utilities and/or may have them shut off.

Request assistance by calling Coleman Behavioral Health 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • Jefferson County: Call 1-740-996-7100
  • Portage County: Call 1-800-673-1347 or (330) 673-1347
  • Trumbull County: Call 1-800-522-0502
Available Counties